3 Days Rwanda Gorilla Tour
This is a 3 Day tour to Volcanoes National Park (PNV) in Northern Rwanda, a home to about 360 mountain gorillas and the endangered golden monkeys. This trip combines an exhilarating trek through the cultivated foothills of the Virungas in search for the gentle giants. Golden monkey tracking and nature walks that will immerse you into the mysterious intimacy of the rainforest. At the end of your visit you will understand what kept conservationist Dian Fossey living in this same forest for 18 years protecting these wonderful animals.
Day 1: Arrival in Kigali. Transfer to the home of gorillas (2-3 Hours)
Day 2: Trekking Gorillas in Volcanoes National Park, Rwanda
Day 3: Transfer to Kigali for a city tour. Departure
Day 1: Arrival in Kigali - Transfer to home of Gorillas (2-3hrs)
Meet your drive guide at Kigali airport and drive north-wards through the beautiful majestic hills that characterize much of the landscape in Rwanda, gradually climbing to the base of the awesome volcanoes with about five peaks visible. Settle into Kinigi Guest House or Gorilla's Nest Lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Trekking Rwanda Gorillas in the Mist
After a 30 minutes briefing and group allocation, enter the Virunga Mountains to track gorillas. Trekking goes through steep and slippery jungle grounds of the forest before finding them camouflaged in vegetation. Gorilla trekking is strenuous and tiresome but meeting and staying with these giant apes is worth the effort. Stay with gorillas for 1 hour for observation and photographing.
Time permitting, take community walk around the area in the evening. Return to the same lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 3: Transfer to Kigali for a city tour - Departure
Drive back to Kigali, visit different genocide memorial sites such as Gisozi and Nyamata, visit local markets, craft shops and do shopping and interact with local people, later transfer to the airport for your departure flight.
End of the Tour
Dates & Prices for the Trip
There are no departure dates currently available for the rest of this season. Enquire for 2012 Departure Dates or for a private safari option.
PRICES for our tours
In order to process your booking request, please fill out the ENQUIRY/BOOKING FORM .
Please take into account:
* In some of our programs and add-ons, the rates vary according to the number of persons and travel date.
* This is no definitive reservation of our tours. This is due to that most of our reservations are based on availability of gorilla permits. A sales representative will contact you afterwards to confirm your booking, the total price and sort out any questions or special requests you may have.
* If you experience any problems using this booking form, you may also use our STANDARD CONTACT FORM to get in touch with us.
Please Note :
- Special offers may be available on this trip.Special rates are available for different seasons.
- VAT is included at the applicable rate, and we make no service charge.
- Group rates are available for parties of 4 or more people. Please inquire or telephone for rates.
- We accept payments preferably in US Dollars. Small Bills (1 -20) attract a lower rate. For payments in other currencies, currency exchange rates vary daily & we always calculate them accurately using the most current international banking data available.
We accept wire transfers and credit card payments. Payment by credit card is subject to a surchage of 5%
A Day hike to Dian Fossey's Grave, nestled between the beautiful volcanic peaks of Visoke and Karisimbi.
Trekking to the site is quite spectacular, goes through bamboo forest and afro-montane habitats, with criss-crossed trails with tracks of forest buffalo and elephant. Expect an encounter with all sorts of wildlife as you make your way up and down the site. This is where the American primatologist (Diana Fossey) who dedicated her life to the conservation and protection of Mountain Gorillas in this area for about 20 years.